Saturday, September 1, 2012

First day!





Well the first day was hard!  It seems like everything that I started to eat was processed.  I know Baby steps, but I wanted to be able to just jump in with both feet.  That’s a tall order, but I at least did not eat a lot of bad food.  I did seem to get some good food cooked I made a loaf of honey wheat bread that tasted really good, and some Banana Nut Muffins Yummy. I went grocery shopping and found that our commissary here does carry a lot of good organic food.  However the milk here is $9.00 a half gallon.  So, I will wait to change that over when I get back to the states.  But I do get 2% and skimmed so I guess that better than nothing.  I also found our farmers market here are a great source of many things.  I found nuts (fresh and locally grown), of course fruit and veggies, but they also supplied honey, salad dressings, some fresh breads and all fruit jams.  So I am very pleased with the trip.  Spend 40 dollars and got a supply for a week, once I get the family on board I will start to freeze what I get from the FM.

I find it funny that I have watch calories for years (with no real success) and suddenly, when I figure up my calories (somewhere in the perfect range) I feel so full that I did not need a snack after dinner! That’s the first time in a while that there was not snacks!  I think this plan will help me out a lot. Tomorrow I will work a bit harder to stay within the real food guidelines, I think this is the plan that we all should adapt to. 

My next goal is to fine a melamine dinnerware set that has 8-9” plates so I can visually feel that my plate is full.  I measured my plates and the dinner plate was 11 ½ inches that’s crazy!  

Have a great holiday weekend everyone and keep trying to eat real food!

No comments:

Post a Comment